-
April 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi, if you have taken Jess' braids out, how did you style her hair? I want to take her braids out so her hair doesn't get frizzy from being in braids too long. But I'm not sure what to do with her hair after that [img]redface.gif[/img] I would love to know what you've done with yours, pics would be wonderful too [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Thanks!
Katherine
-
April 27th, 2006, 11:14 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Jess's hair isn't as long as the AGTs or most of the historical's. And it's not very thick, so it doesn't have as unlimited choices as some of the other dolls.
You can do pretty much any easy style to it, but things like braids and frenchbraids are going to have very, very short tails, with little pieces sticking out, since it's layered.
I'm quite good with hair, and have been able to do most everything I've tried on her. I've got it in a half twist rope thing right now, and it looks very cute. Her hair is slightly wavy, and looks *gorgeous* down and in a half pony.
Are there any specifc styles you'd like to see? I could have dolly hair-makeover with her, and post the pictures for you [img]smile.gif[/img] .
-
April 28th, 2006, 01:03 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thank you Cami [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] That's so nice of you! I'm not very good with hair, especially doll hair, so I'm not very particular. I would like a style that's relatively easy, looks neat (doesn't get messy easily), and wouldn't make her hair frizzy if left in it for awhile. Hopefully that's doable. Thanks. BTW, if you have seen a lot of AG dolls, do you know if there's any doll that has really thick hair that would be nice in a lot of different styles?
Katherine
-
April 28th, 2006, 11:36 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Personally I think Jess has hair that will always be fly away and difficult to contain. I love her that way she's just like me! After misting and re-braiding her hair she looks good for about a week for me.
-
April 28th, 2006, 06:11 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Here ya go:Jess Hairstyle Album
I didn't do any misting at all, and I actually haven't misted her hair once since I first got her (which was when she first came out). My Jess's hair doesn't have any flyaways, and is quite easy to style. I've left her hair in the same style normally braids, ponys, half ponys) for weeks, and it looks just as good as it did when I first styled it.
Since I did most of the styles with her hair dry, and not misted, most of them would probably look better, and be easier to do if it wsa misted a bit before hand.
As for dolls with great hair. I haven't seen Addy in person, but her hair sounds like it's great for styling. My old Sam's hair is also great for this (although her hair is a bit brittle, so I try to restrain myself). And I just got a Mattel Kirsten a few weeks ago, and her hair is great. I wet it, and then shampooed it (with very little shampoo), and now it's almost straight, but with curl and wave, and it works *great* for styling. It's not overly thick (although I think it's thicker than average for a M doll), but its nice and long. I think, for the most part, the PM dolls have thicker hair, I imagine a PM Kirsten would have amazing-for-styling hair [img]smile.gif[/img] , but the M Kirsten's hair is also great.
Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] .
-
April 28th, 2006, 06:50 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I like to do dancers buns in her hair but anything looks good on her IMO.
-
April 28th, 2006, 07:59 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Thank you everyone for all the good ideas, and thank you Cami for the wonderful album, your Jess is so cute! You are so good with hair [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Thanks.
Katherine
-
April 28th, 2006, 08:04 PM
#8
13Pumpkins
Guest
Cute Album Cami! I am not going to let Shei Ling & Mei Ling see it, because they might start getting ideas for something complicated! And a hairstyler I am not. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
April 28th, 2006, 09:32 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Your styles are great, Cami! Looking through your album is almost like looking through the AG Hairstyles book. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
I highly recommend misting your girls' hair any time you do a new style. Somewhere, sometime, I read a recommendation that the dolls' wigs be misted at least once every 2-3 weeks (depending on the humidity level in your house) to keep them from drying on the ends. I try to do that - even misting down the braids when I leave them in for any length of time - and my girls' hair is always in great condition.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>
-
April 28th, 2006, 10:12 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Thanks for the compliments! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
For instructions on braids, this site is really, really helpful. Of course, I can only do a few of these (they've got some crazy braids up, look at the Arwen Lord of the Rings one [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] ) , lol, but practicing on doll hair is the perfect way to learn harder styles. I've also got a really helpful book, Braids and Bows, which is a Klutz publication. It's very helpful, but the free instructions are almost just as good [img]wink.gif[/img] .
I definitely agree with misting if you're going to be doing a lot of styling. Wetting it also makes it easier to *do* the actual styles (that goes for people hair, too!). 2-3 weeks sounds easy enough, I really should start doing that with my dolls. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 07:13 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks